[ydl-gen] PS3 default install

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 01:49:14 MST 2007

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 23:23:33 -0800 (PST) Anthony Loeppert
<aloeppert at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm running the PS3 ydl installation.  I noticed the
> program /sbin/boot-game-os can be executed by any local user.  When I
> execute this as a user (not root) not only is the boot flag changed,
> but the  machine immediately reboots into the game os.  I've since
> chmod'ed the program to fix the issue.
>
> Perhaps this is not the best default configuration.  Thoughts?

Depends on the audience for YDL on the PS3.  For complete novices it
may be the best default if they don't have to log in as root just to
boot to the game OS.  At the other end of the spectrum, people that
understand about logging in as root to do things can chmod just like
you did.

Personally, I think it should be a kboot option to boot into GameOS,
makes it more like a dual boot system.