[ydl-gen] Building stk on YDL 5 PS#

Ron Rogers Jr. CronoCloud at mchsi.com
Wed Feb 14 00:05:34 MST 2007

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 18:43:23 -0500
John Dey <jsdey at optonline.net> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> When is run "./confirure" in the stk-4.2.1 directory on PS3
> running YDL 5 I get the following error message:
>
> configure: error: cannot guess build type; you must specify one
>
> What do I have to do to correct this error?  Thanks.
>

> John Dey

It could be something as simple as an old config.guess script.

You could try downloading a new version of that, and replacing
the version that's in the tarball.

You could also try:

./configure --build=ppc64-unknown-linux-gnu

and see if that works.

For what it's worth it, the configure script detected my PS2
Linux kit properly (the configure failed on ALSA, the kit doesn't
support it):

checking build system type... mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu

CronoCloud (Ron Rogers Jr.)