[ydl-gen] Building stk on YDL 5 PS#

John Dey jsdey at optonline.net
Wed Feb 14 07:24:29 MST 2007

On Feb 14, 2007, at 2:05 AM, Ron Rogers Jr. wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 18:43:23 -0500
> John Dey <jsdey at optonline.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi List,
>>
>> When is run "./confirure" in the stk-4.2.1 directory on PS3
>> running YDL 5 I get the following error message:
>>
>> configure: error: cannot guess build type; you must specify one
>>
>> What do I have to do to correct this error?  Thanks.
>>

>> John Dey
>>

> It could be something as simple as an old config.guess script.
>
> You could try downloading a new version of that, and replacing
> the version that's in the tarball.
>
> You could also try:
>
> ./configure --build=ppc64-unknown-linux-gnu
>
> and see if that works.
>
> For what it's worth it, the configure script detected my PS2
> Linux kit properly (the configure failed on ALSA, the kit doesn't
> support it):
>
> checking build system type... mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu
>

> CronoCloud (Ron Rogers Jr.)

Ron,

I managed to locate a number of config.guess files on my host.  I
copied the one in /usr/share/automake-1.9/config.guess to the local
directory and ran ./configure.  The good news is that the libstk.a
built.  The bad news is that the test programs don't work. I also set
the option you suggested for the --build.  Running ./configure with it
didn't change anything.   For now I am going to give up on this project
and continue working with the alsa API directly.  I know that part of
that interface works(e.g. aplay and speaker-test)  but I haven't been
able to compile and run any programs that work.  Any help along the
compile and build options would be appreciated.  Thanks for your
response.

John