[ydl-gen] Question about CUPS Printer Drivers for YDL on the PS3

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Fri Feb 16 14:08:42 MST 2007

Hi David:

If you look here:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/products/ydl/apps.shtml

Then look for the category Printer Configuration, you'll see that
CUPS (http://cups.org/index.php) is incorporated within YDL 5.
Should you have a printer that is rather unique, merely follow the
directions available at the CUPS site regarding finding or adapting
available drivers.

However it is much more likely that the drivers already available
should work fine and you won't need to delve into any details of
hunting for, or otherwise adapting, or modifying any drivers.  This
topic of creating, modifying, or adapting drivers is rather
advanced.  However the topic and references are available for
examination at the CUPS site should you ever need it.  I've had to
use that information once, years ago with an earlier version of YDL;
haven't had to delve that deeply into it since.

Best wishes... Derick.