[ydl-gen] New user

Brian Wood beww at bresnan.net
Tue Jan 9 00:24:58 MST 2007

On Jan 8, 2007, at 11:50 PM, David Seikel wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 23:44:24 -0700 Brian Wood <beww at bresnan.net> wrote:
>
>> Though I am concerned about what I read about requiring an HDCP-
>> capable monitor, as well as the no accelerated video.
>
> HDCP capable monitor is not required, I'm running mine fine on an LCD
> computer monitor with no HDCP at 720p.  This monitor isn't supposed to
> support 1080i, but I managed to get it to partly work at 1080i.

Glad to hear that. I think the HDCP may only be required for HD
content from a BLU-Ray disk in "normal" PS3 mode, but there seems to
be a lot of conflicting information floating around. I do in fact
have a 32" LCD TV that does HDCP if I ever wanted to play such a disk.

At this point as long as I will be able to SSH into the machine I
will be happy, I'm just looking for the CPU power and will be content
to wait for better graphics support, or even do without it permanently.