[ydl-gen] Video Monitors--2

jmzorko at mac.com jmzorko at mac.com
Tue Jan 9 09:44:56 MST 2007

John,

> I have been reading quite a few postings about video performance from
> the PS3 that is not very impressive.  Is their anyone that is using a
> monitor with the PS3 that is achieving 1080p results.  Has anyone
> tried
> the BenQ 24" monitor?  Any input would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks.

My display for the PS3 is a Samsung 23" HDTV that does 720p and
1080i.  YDL always seems to use 720p, which isn't so bad I guess ...
but I think Enlightenment is using anti-aliasing on the screen fonts,
which definitely accounts for some blurriness on my system (most
notable in terminal windows, which is basically where I live, so i'm
really interested in figuring how to turn this off).

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
http://www.fallingyou.com