[ydl-gen] Cell SDK

Warren Nagourney warren at phys.washington.edu
Thu Jan 11 20:34:52 MST 2007

Thanks, Rob. There is a tremendous quantity of documentation on the
IBM website including a rather elaborate installation manual for SDK
2.0 which is for Fedora 5 amongst others.  Did you use it? I looked
at the pdf installation doc which came with the SDK and it seems that
we have all of the required libraries but they might be
insufficiently recent (it was hard to tell - the numbering systems in
my inquiries via yum seemed to differ from the IBM docs). If
necessary we can get the recent stuff from the fedora website - xlc
is supposed to run on a fedora ppc64 installation. I'll keep you
posted on my progress.

-wn