[ydl-gen] VVDQ : power supply for old Airport Base Station

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Sat Jan 13 14:53:16 MST 2007

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:58:02 -0500, Derick Centeno wrote:

> Hi Beartooth:
>
> If you are going to work with any electrical aspects of computer
> hardware beyond the level of plugging/unplugging devices from a power
> socket and you really intend to not damage what you have, in my view you
> really have only one recourse.  Enroll for a beginners level electronics
> course and work your way up from there.  Happily there exists something
> called the Cleveland Institute of Electronics (http://www.cie-wc.edu/)

Well, I looked at it; and it does seem good of its kind.

> The experience gained from using the proper tools and exercises is
> priceless.  A serious effort in this direction could open another career
> path.  However, if that is not your interest at the very least you'll
> have a better understanding of what to do and avoid doing, which in
> itself could save you a great deal of money.

Well, no doubt; but even if I were going to live long enough for a third
career, it'd be the last thing I want, I'm afraid. I'm a deteriorating
double retiree, and just trying to spend whatever time is left doing things
I already I know I like better than others. Nor did my arthritic eyeballs
& trifocal fingers ever have any co-ordination (let alone talent) at
tinkering.

What I did do was search airport base station on apple's hardware page,
and choose to be redirected to the apple store. There I find only one
candidate for my interest : an 'adapter' at
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/6714001/wo/UB1pEHCPm1b12lqbus31IEocIUm/0.0.21.1.0.8.25.7.11.1.3

But I don't see how to tell whether my equipment is one of the variations
of the station that this gadget is compatible with ...

--
Beartooth Squirreler, Wordcrafty Staffwright
Not Quite Clueless Fedora Power User