[ydl-gen] VVDQ : power supply for old Airport Base Station

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Sat Jan 13 19:09:55 MST 2007

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 21:53:16 +0000 (UTC)
Beartooth <Beartooth at swva.net> wrote:

> I'm a
> deteriorating double retiree, and just trying to spend whatever time
> is left doing things I already I know I like better than others. Nor
> did my arthritic eyeballs & trifocal fingers ever have any
> co-ordination (let alone talent) at tinkering.
>
> What I did do was search airport base station on apple's hardware
> page, and choose to be redirected to the apple store. There I find
> only one candidate for my interest : an 'adapter' at
> http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/6714001/wo/UB1pEHCPm1b12lqbus31IEocIUm/0.0.21.1.0.8.25.7.11.1.3
>
> But I don't see how to tell whether my equipment is one of the
> variations of the station that this gadget is compatible with ...

Ok, then try one of the following:

1.  Call an Apple store (local to your location) and request
information regarding companies which specialize in supporting old
Apple hardware of the kind you need assistance with.  These
companies will support, guide and teach you for a price.

2.  Perhaps there are hobby groups local to you which could help you
decipher the instructions you find puzzling. However, as these are
hobbyists, they themselves cannot provide you any guarantee that
professionals could as far as protecting your equipment or providing
reliable advice. Implementing advice from such groups, even if well
intentioned, needs to be seen within the context that any risk
resulting in the potential damage to your equipment is entirely yours.

Good Luck... Derick.