[ydl-gen] PS3 install problem

Warren Nagourney warren at phys.washington.edu
Sun Jan 7 16:43:34 MST 2007

Hi all,

I attempted to install YDL5 on my PS3 and had this strange problem. I
downloaded both otheros.bld and otheros .self from the appropriate
sites and placed them in the /ps3/otheros directory of both a CDR and
USB flash drive and both media gave me the same problem: during the
initial installation (before installing the iso from the DVD and just
after the License Agreement it said "checking data..." then "The data
is corrupted / (8004002)". I tried it several times from both media
with the same result. I made sure the names of the files were correct
(once the Terrasoft file changed its name after installation and
unzipping). The Sony site warns about directories with two-byte names
- I am using a Mac but assume the names are single byte. I formated
the USB drive in MSDOS and the CDR was readable by both windows/mac.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

Warren Nagourney