[ydl-gen] PS3 install problem: solved!

Warren Nagourney warren at phys.washington.edu
Sun Jan 7 17:30:39 MST 2007

Warning to Mac users: don't unzip the otheros.bld.gz file! (The PS3
installer does it). Just change the name to otheros.bld and things
should install fine.

Another suggestion: for those looking for an excellent monitor for
the ps3, I just bought a Samsung 940bw for $250 (it can be had for
under $200) and it is a superb monitor for this application. I used
the  ps3 HDMI output with a HDMI-DVI adaptor and the cable which
comes with the 940bw (which is HDCP compliant). There seems to be
only one slight caveat: the native resolution of the 940bw is
1440x900 and running the ps3 at 720p (the highest with this monitor)
makes the display slightly fuzzy since it scales the output to fill
the screen. This is not too objectionable, though I wish there were a
way to get a non-scaled image (this would leave borders).

-wn