[ydl-gen] xemacs, emacs

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Tue Jan 16 14:08:42 MST 2007

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:04:05 -0500
John Dey <jsdey at optonline.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I evoke  xemacs and emacs from xterm,  I get the following
> warnings:
>
> [robo9 at robo9 ~]$ xemacs
> Warning: Color name "black" is not defined
> Warning: Color name "Blue" is not defined
> Warning: Color name "Red" is not defined
> Warning: Color name "Maroon" is not defined
> Warning: Color name "ForestGreen" is not defined
> [robo9 at robo9 ~]$ emacs
> Undefined color: "black"
> [robo9 at robo9 ~]$
>
> Does anyone have any idea on how I might fix the configuration?  Any
> help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> John

> HINT: to Google archives, try  '<keywords>
> site:terrasoftsolutions.com'

Hi John, you may have an incomplete installation of both emacs and
xemacs.  As superuser do this:

# yum install "*xemacs*"

Explanation:  Yum will collect the appropriate dependencies and
whatever else is needed reporting to you what it finds.  Just type y
for yes and the installation should be complete.  Do likewise for emacs:

# yum install "*emacs*"

Good Luck... Derick.

======
Life only demands from you the strength that you possess.  Only one
feat is possible; not to run away.

-- Dag Hammarskojold (July 29, 1905 - September 18,1961)