[ydl-gen] enlightenment CPU usage

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 01:59:05 MST 2007

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 20:50:30 -0800 jmzorko at mac.com wrote:

> I'm not new to Linux or *nix in general, but I am new to the PS3 and
> Enlightenment.  On my PS3, Enlightenment takes 50%+ of the CPU while
> running (even with nothing going on) -- this is reported by top as
> well as the system monitor tool.  Is this normal, and can I get it
> down to a more reasonable level?

This is not normal.  I get about 2% usage while sitting idle, and that
includes the time spent on the CPU monitor.  There may be something
wrong with your system, and it's hard to tell what that is from here.
It's possible that you installed a module that may be a bit broken. The
standard response to strangeness is to move your ~/.e directory to
someplace safe while Enlightenment is not running and start it up with
the defaults.  This will also run using the default set of modules.