[ydl-gen] Any luck with MythTV on PS3?

Brian Wood beww at bresnan.net
Wed Jan 31 10:27:35 MST 2007

On Jan 31, 2007, at 10:10 AM, Michael Torres wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
>   I was just wondering if anyone has had luck getting
> MythTV on their Ps3 with YDL 5.0? I have seen posts
> online of someone doing it, but I don't think it was
> YDL. I tried to download and install it, but I was
> having all sorts of problems. I never got it work at
> all. I downloaded the source files, and tried to
> compile and install it, but it didn't work. So,
> basically my setup is this. I have a compatible USB TV
> Tuner with MythTV. I just need to actually get the
> program installed on my PS3, then configure it. So, I
> am getting stuck on installing MythTV on the YDL. Any
> help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Michael

I'm on the Myth list and I've seen some references but no real
success stories as far as a backend.

First question is what portion of Myth are you thinking of trying to
run? The backend portion, the frontend or both?

Are you talking about Hi-Def video or just standard def?

As far as a frontend the main problem is likely to be the lack of
accelerated video, I'd think that HD would probably be out of the
question without it.

A lot of the problems with Myth are not Myth problems at all, they
are problems with the underlying dependencies like IVTV, LIRC, video
drivers and other things that Myth needs.

Search:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/

for "PS3" and you'll find a lot of info. Looks like at least some
folks have a working frontend.