[ydl-gen] leasefail error YDL on PS3

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Fri Jul 6 02:53:01 MDT 2007

Hi Labradal:

The official TSS page discussing burning CDs from Windows leads to here:

http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

There you will notice a discussion regarding Nero.  I went a bit further
and looked up references regarding Nero for you here:

http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/User_Guides.html

Personally, I recall there being a difference between the trial (free) and
commercial versions of their software.  I believe that they restrict
burning DVDs to their commercial version.  You would have to
check with them for the details as I am unclear on the fact.

Before you go too far however, you should be aware that there are legal
problems with using DVD Decrypter; read this article:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_decrypter.cfm

As the whole point is to burn a DVD from the YDL 5 iso, it is probably
best to use instead ImgBurn (designed by the same fellow who created DVD
Decrypter); this product is intended to both build an iso and burn a DVD
from an iso.  The older product (DVD Decrypter) is merely a ripper, meaning
that the DVD has to exist first.  Here's the link discussing ImgBurn
complete with a download:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/imgburn.cfm

After that make sure you have followed the instructions here and have the
installation guide for your system:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/installation/

Regarding USB devices, according to this page:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/hardware/devices.shtml

Most devices using drivers available within the Linux kernel should work.
If you are still having difficulty however a simple technique, costing
nothing, could work.  Switch to a different USB port; most computers have
two.

Should it be the case that one of the two works better, you may be in the
situation that you have multiple USB devices but only one USB port.  If
your PS3 is under warranty, it shouldn't be a problem to get the faulty
port working.  If you are not under warranty, it may be cheaper to acquire
a Belkin Hi-Speed USB 2.0 4-Port Hub.

Regarding other details, another may help you further.

Good Luck...

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 22:31:31 -0500
"labradal" <labradal at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to install YDL on PS3.
>
> I've installed RHEL before so I'm familiar with installing linux.
>

> Hardware: PS3
>
> SW Version: PS3 system update 1.82
>
> Dell USB keyboard, Logitech USB mouse
>

> I've also tried a Dell mouse, and the same thing happens.
>

> I downloaded yellowdog-5.0.2-20070613.iso from
> http://mirror.anl.gov/yellowdog/
>
> I burned to a Sony DVD+R first with Nero, then after installed didn't
> work, I used DVD Decrypter.
>
> I've partitioned the PS3 for 10GB dedicated to the otherOS, then rebooted
> with the DVD for YDL in the BR-DVD ROM.
>

> During the initial boot loader it gets to the following point where it
> says.
>
> don't understand action leasefail
>

> The install will continue, but after it finishes and I reboot it splashes
> the login screen for E17 then goes back to shell and fails to load.
>

> I'm trying to perform installtext right now.
>

> Please help.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Lloyd

========
The scientist's religious feeling takes the form of a
rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law, which
reveals an intelligence of such superiority that, in
comparison with it, the highest intelligence of human beings
is an utterly insignificant reflection.  This feeling is the
guiding principle of his life and work.
-- Albert Einstein, Scientist.