[ydl-gen] leasefail error YDL on PS3

labradal labradal at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 5 21:31:31 MDT 2007

I'm trying to install YDL on PS3.

I've installed RHEL before so I'm familiar with installing linux.

Hardware: PS3

SW Version: PS3 system update 1.82

Dell USB keyboard, Logitech USB mouse

I've also tried a Dell mouse, and the same thing happens.

I downloaded yellowdog-5.0.2-20070613.iso from
http://mirror.anl.gov/yellowdog/

I burned to a Sony DVD+R first with Nero, then after installed didn't work,
I used DVD Decrypter.

I've partitioned the PS3 for 10GB dedicated to the otherOS, then rebooted
with the DVD for YDL in the BR-DVD ROM.

During the initial boot loader it gets to the following point where it says.

don't understand action leasefail

The install will continue, but after it finishes and I reboot it splashes
the login screen for E17 then goes back to shell and fails to load.

I'm trying to perform installtext right now.

Please help.

Thanks,

Lloyd