[ydl-gen] problem

pedro paulo fernandes pereira pedro-br-paulo at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 15 11:05:33 MDT 2007

>From: Bill Mueller <bmueller at terrasoftsolutions.com>
>To: Discussion List for General Yellow Dog Linux User
>Topics<yellowdog-general at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com>
>Subject: Re: [ydl-gen] problem
>Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 12:10:22 -0600
>

>Well, it is working correctly.  You just need to figure out
>what you want it to do and type it in.
>
>I'm guessing this is either your first or near first time
>running linux.  Is this on a PS3?  Why did you only install
>the text mode?
>
>I would think it would be much easier to run the graphical
>environment so you can learn your way around without needing
>to type in commands.
>
>Let me know, and maybe we can figure out how to set you up
>correctly.
>
>-Bill
>
>On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 16:56:15 +0200, "pedro paulo fernandes pereira"
><pedro-br-paulo at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, it is my firt time running linux,(yellow dog linux) and it is on a PS3.
I have got a HD TV but i haven`t got a HDMI wire, my tv have it, but i
didn`t buy it, so i use a normal wire whit my ps3, so i must run linux whit
the istalltext, because the ps3 don`t accept the normal wire,the graphical
mode is only accepted whit the HDMI wire.

Solution: buy a HDMI wire to try a normal installation or try whit the
installtext whit commands.

I think that the graphical installation is easier.

Thaks very much, I`m waiting your answer.

sorry for my english, i`m brazilian , but i live in Spain.