[ydl-gen] sound - ydl-4 - G4

bbux bouillaut.beatrice at neuf.fr
Tue Jul 17 03:05:38 MDT 2007

aie derick !

you wrote:
> * One is the Sound Mixer.

K mix is the name.
There is no mute option but all the switches were down.
I've swiched up three of them: volume, speaker, recman
and I rebooted

(after this rebooting, hostname is now bbux !o)

the big larsen I was waiting for came up after the loggin
(recman has done his job)
I swiched down recman and I tried cdplayer, but still no sound

> * The other small sound app doesn't have sliding switches, but may have
> the option of Mute on.  Turn mute off by unchecking Mute.

I've checked all the kde multimedia apps, none of them has a mute option

I don't understand how comes it's so difficult to have sound when for
example the screen configuration takes place automatically

I remember with my G3 BW (ydl 3 upgrated to 4) I had to do something
with a modules.conf, but her in my G4 there not such a file...

bien à vous,
b.b

--
___
   : [bb at bbux bb] killall VIH | no need to su to do so