[ydl-gen] Where should init scripts go within enlightenment?

Ron Rogers Jr. CronoCloud at mchsi.com
Thu Jun 14 02:41:32 MDT 2007

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:11:50 -0400
Derick Centeno <aguilarojo at verizon.net> wrote:

> Hi Ron
>
> Thanks for your suggestions, but when I created the files and
> followed your instructions e17 ceased to work properly at
> all.  I found myself restricted to one virtual window without
> access to any tools at all.  The background was the default
> YDL 5 background.  That's about it.
>
> I had to get into a session with gnome to undo the changes I
> tried out.
>
> On the face of it, the code you suggested should work...  I'm
> not clear why it doesn't. Well, back to the research...
>
> Thanks...

Sorry it didn't work, it does work for me, though
there are a there are a few things I thought of:

1. It may be necessary to have the gpg-agent.desktop file in
~/.e/e/applications/all as well.

2.  I don't normally run e17. I only ran it try to see if could
figure out how to get gpg-agent running under it to help you out.
So my configuration is pretty standard with few customizations.

3. I started e17 from the command line console with startx,
because midgar boots into runlevel 3

4. My version of e17 might be newer than the one included in
YDL, and I installed from source in March not from rpm, because
I'm running Linux on the PS2, I don't own a PS3...yet.

CronoCloud (Ron Rogers Jr.)