[ydl-gen] Where should init scripts go within enlightenment?

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Thu Jun 14 09:34:26 MDT 2007

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:10:07 +1000
David Seikel <onefang at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:11:50 -0400 Derick Centeno
> <aguilarojo at verizon.net> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:42:03 -0500
> > "Ron Rogers Jr." <CronoCloud at mchsi.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Exec=eval "$(gpg-agent --daemon)"
> >
> > Thanks for your suggestions, but when I created the files and
> > followed your instructions e17 ceased to work properly at all.
>
> > On the face of it, the code you suggested should work...  I'm not
> > clear why it doesn't. Well, back to the research...
>
> E17 isn't a shell, so I guess that exec line confused the hell out of
> it with its shell type expansions.  Just guessing, even though I wrote
> most of that code, I'm really tired.  I'll try to remember to look into
> that after I sleep.  It should not crash in naughty ways like that.

Thanks for you comments Dave.  I look forward to learning what you come up
with when you are ready.  If I was down under, I'd kick back put something
on the grill, share some beer with friends and get back to the problem in
a few days. So take your time, perhaps in the meanwhile I'll have come up
with something else.  :-)

I implemented a suggestion you provided earlier which agreed with a
recommendation from gnupgp.org regarding the creation of a file (.xsession)
from within which gpg-agent would be invoked.  The reference is available here:

http://www.gnupg.org/(en)/documentation/manuals/gnupg/Invoking-GPG_002dAGENT.html#Invoking-GPG_002dAGENT

When I tried this method, e17 behaved fine, but gpg-agent remained
unavailable.  I tried also modifying .bash_profile and recommended alternative
strategies to startup gpg-agent -- those didn't work either.

Thanks for your time, and consideration.  Derick.
========
The scientist's religious feeling takes the form of a
rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law, which
reveals an intelligence of such superiority that, in
comparison with it, the highest intelligence of human beings
is an utterly insignificant reflection.  This feeling is the
guiding principle of his life and work.
-- Albert Einstein, Scientist.