[ydl-gen] PS3+YDL USB keyboard "sticks"

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 03:03:56 MST 2007

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 04:53:26 -0500 justin
<justin.bandholz at attglobal.net> wrote:

> I have discovered a problem with using my USB keyboard on PS3 YDL.
> Usually once every boot, the keyboard will "stick" and refuse to
> function.  Linux typically spits out a repeating error code after the
> failure(happens in bootloader too).  I can clear the failure by simply
> unplugging and replugging the keyboard.  The problem does not reoccur
> after that.  The keyboard is an IBM USB keyboard with integrated hub.
> It works without problems on other systems.   Has anyone  else  had a
> similar problem?  How did you fix it?

I vaguely recall similar problems other people have reported.  The
"fix" is to use a different brand/model keyboard.  I think it was
PlayStation 2 and/or Mac keyboards that had the problem.  If I recall,
the exact same keyboards had no problem running under Linux on other
hardware.  It's likely a PS3 specific problem that only Sony and the
keyboard manufacturers can fix.

Most USB keyboards seem to work fine.  I use a PFU Happy Hacking Lite 2
USB keyboard with integrated hub, and I plug my AOpen Optical OpenEye
WheelMouse into that hub.  I have had no problems.