[ydl-gen] New Daylight Savings Time

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Sat Mar 10 06:21:58 MST 2007

Hi Deacon Nikolai:

How are you? Exchanges between us have spanned across a great deal of
time; hopefully you'll remember.

If you will permit me to clarify for you the use of yum, it may be helpful.

The explanation addressing your complaint is that yum is designed and
optimized to download, search and install rpms from various YDL mirrors
located across the net.
If you go to /etc/yum.conf and read the code it's as clear as day there;
in other words yum is not looking at the single rpm file you downloaded
manually. Yum doesn't "see" it because the rpms which Owen posted is not
within the mirrors. Owen posted it only in one place and yum is not
looking there and has no instructions how to do so.

Ok?

So how to install the rpm you downloaded? Very simple, there is a
command surprisingly enough called rpm which also exists within YDL. Do
the following:

#rpm -ivh thenameofthefile.rpm

if there is any message announcing that there is a conflict, then try:

#rpm -ivh --force thenameofthefile.rpm

Good luck... Derick