[ydl-gen] Converting Aeolus

John Dey jsdey at optonline.net
Tue Mar 20 11:51:20 MDT 2007

Jon,

Thanks for the wonderful articles on CBE.  Keep up the good work.  I
have also been reviewing the series on Power5.

I will try to isolate the call problem with mlockall.  I will get back
to you when I know more.  I now believe dlopen is working.  I have been
able to use gdb to find that I am having a problem in the X-Windows
system after I have dynamically loaded a library from with a call to
dlsym.

I am looking at aeolus since am somewhat familiar with it and it is a
well designed.  I am disappointed that there do not seem to be many
people that are currently working on CBE sound or at least I haven't
gotten much feedback from the yellowdog or alsa lists.

Regards,

John