[ydl-gen] Google Earth on YDL 5.0

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 21:47:11 MDT 2007

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 23:40:02 -0400 Derick Centeno
<aguilarojo at verizon.net> wrote:

> Running QEMU on a PS3 should work.  It is rather a matter of setting
> up all the required elements within QEMU properly to emulate the
> complete Intel environment such that Windows believes it is actually
> running on an Intel chip which are challenging.  The Cell should be
> fast enough to make that happen flawlessly.  I haven't heard of
> anyone having achieved this yet.

I have heard of someone getting Windows running under QEMU on a PS3, I
think there is a youtube video of it.

But for the purposes of this thread, you don't need Windows.  QEMU is
perfectly capable of running an Intel Linux Binary on a PPC or Cell
system without having to setup an entire guest OS to support it.  At
least in theory, I haven't tried it.