[ydl-gen] Google Earth on YDL 5.0

Brian Wood beww at bresnan.net
Mon Mar 26 21:45:08 MDT 2007

On Mar 26, 2007, at 9:40 PM, Derick Centeno wrote:

> Running QEMU on a PS3 should work.  It is rather a matter of
> setting up
> all the required elements within QEMU properly to emulate the complete
> Intel environment such that Windows believes it is actually running on
> an Intel chip which are challenging.  The Cell should be fast
> enough to
> make that happen flawlessly.  I haven't heard of anyone having
> achieved
> this yet.

The EULA for Vista Home and Home Premium specifically forbids running
it in an emulated environment, you have to buy the top-of-the-line
version to be "allowed" to do that. I don't know if they have some
way to detect an emulated environment though, if the emulation was
good enough there really shouldn't be any way for the OS to know.

AFAIK XP has no such restriction. I don't know why Vista is so
restricted but it's MS after all.