[ydl-gen] 5.0.1 install hangs before graphical part

Michael Barkowski elmer_12 at mac.com
Thu May 3 17:36:57 MDT 2007

I downloaded burned a DVD of the public ISO for Apple.

Azath:~ michael$ which md5sum
/sw/bin/md5sum
Azath:/Volumes/Valdor michael$ md5sum
yellowdog-5.0.1-phoenix-20070326-APPLE.iso
e57cd039cfd2dea88cf2c840be2b67c8  yellowdog-5.0.1-phoenix-20070326-APPLE.iso

I burned it using Disk Utility.

When I booted from the disk by holding down C, I got a yaboot prompt and
hit return.
I got about a 1/4 screen of text printed white on black.
Then about 1 screen of larger text printed black on white.
Then the screen flashes and goes black.
About a minute later the fan comes on full.
Waited about 5 minutes - nothing happens after that.

It was free, so I'm fine with it, just thought you'd like to know.

Selected machine details:

Hardware:

      Machine Name: iMac G5
      Machine Model: PowerMac12,1