[ydl-gen] Mac-on-Linux?

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. joseph_sacco at comcast.net
Fri May 4 05:44:00 MDT 2007

Derick,

MOL is alive and well. It is being maintained by Joe Jazak and others.
[I fixed the RPM generation code a while back.]

If you wish to try it out on a PPC running YDL-5.x:

* pull the latest source code from SVN trunk

        svn co http://mac-on-linux.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mac-on-linux/trunk mac-on-linux

* examine the build options

        run: make help

* build the RPMs

        run: make rpms

which will build the RPMs [mol + kernel modules] using the default
options for PPCs.

If you wish to build MOL manually, do the following:

* make prefix=/usr
[default prefix is /usr/local]

A kernel-like menu based configuration dialog will eventually appear
allowing you to set options.

* make install prefix=/usr

-Joseph

--