[ydl-gen] running ydl 5.0.1 on a powerbook lombard

jmzorko at mac.com jmzorko at mac.com
Sat May 26 08:51:37 MDT 2007

Al,

Have you considered just running OSX 10.4.x (Tiger) on it?  It
includes Java 1.5:

pugsleybutt:~/work/trunk/gne_ps_dna/client/util/macosx jmzorko$ java -
version
java version "1.5.0_07"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_07-164)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_07-87, mixed mode)
pugsleybutt:~/work/trunk/gne_ps_dna/client/util/macosx jmzorko$

... and Flash will work, and you can view .wmv files with Flip4Mac
WMV (which is free).

I'm not bashing Linux at all -- I have 2 mini-ITX low-power servers
running it (1 running Debian, the other Gentoo), and I have YDL 5 on
my PS3 -- but if Flash / QuickTime / WMV is important to you, OSX
10.4.x might be the best choice, and it's as real a *nix as any other.

Regards,

John, cross-platform C++ developer (so hey, I like PPCs, and x86s,
and Sparcs, and whatever else I can get my code to run on <smile> )

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
http://www.fallingyou.com