[ydl-gen] YDL upgrade problem

Christopher Murtagh cmurtagh at terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Nov 9 10:01:23 MST 2007

On Friday 09 November 2007 10:54:54 Warren Nagourney wrote:
> Do you have any suggestions on how I can make the upgrade work? Thanks.

 Warren,

 Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, things are a bit insane here with
a new product launch for Super Computing 07 in Reno, NV. I'm CC'ing the
ydl-general list in case someone else is seeing the same odd issue that you
are.

 I'm looking at your output again, and noticed that you are trying to upgrade
and add yellowdog-logos-4.0-1.ydl.4. However, this isn't in any of our
repositories for YDL 5, and is in fact from YDL 4. So, your yum configuration
might be a bit off there, and it might be pointing to a YDL 4 repository.
Please look in /etc/yum.repos.d/ and see if any of the files in that
subdirectory is pointing to a YDL 4 repo somewhere.

 To get passed this there are two things you can do depending on your current
situation.

 If you do the following command at shell:

 rpm -qa | grep yellowdog-logos

 and get the offending package (version 4.0-1.ydl.4) instead of the one that
you should have in YDL 5, which is yellowdog-logos-1.1.42-1.ydl.2, then you
need to remove that rpm, and can do it this way:

rpm -e --nodeps yellowdog-logos-4.0-1.ydl.4

 Otherwise, if all you get from the rpm -qa command is the correct version,
then you can do this:

 yum upgrade --exclude=yellowdog-logos

 This should let the previous yum upgrade work, but keep in mind that it is a
bit troubling that yum sees this YDL 4 versioned package in it's list of
repositories. You should look at your yum config to see why this may be.

Cheers,

Chris