[ydl-gen] NFSv4

Posey, Jake E Jake.E.Posey at boeing.com
Fri Nov 9 10:58:46 MST 2007

I'm trying to get NFSv4 to work on a Apple G5 running YDL 4.0.1.  The
NFSv4 server is running RedHat EL 5.  When I go to mount the nfs
directory with the following syntax:

Mount -t nfs4 cfs300:/ /mnt/NFS4 I get the following error:

[root at ppcadm2 mnt]# mount -t nfs4 cfs300:/ /mnt/NFS4

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on cfs300:/,

       or too many mounted file systems

[root at ppcadm2 mnt]#

The nfs4 directory has been exported and I can mount this directory on
other Red Hat Linux boxes and Apple G5 boxes running YDL 4.1.

Does NFSv4 works on YDL 4.0.1.  I've checked the kernel and it says
NFSv4 is enabled.  One thing I notice between YDL 4.0.1 and YDL 4.1 is
the following:

YDL 4.0

CONFIG_NFS_FS=m

CONFIG_NFS_V3=y