[ydl-gen] Serious problem, please help

Warren Nagourney warren at phys.washington.edu
Sat Nov 24 00:58:57 MST 2007

I have been playing around with a number of kernels and other things
on my PS3 and managed to make the thing unbootable. It happened when
I tried an unusable video setting in my kboot.conf (after everything
was working fine) and the system hung up. In my desperation I might
have run one of the "rescue" modes from kboot. When I try ydltext it
now complains that the superblock is missing, but it assumes that I
have an ext2 filesystem (isn't it ext3 ?) and puts me in
"maintainance mode". All I would like to do is to be able to restore
my kboot.conf video setting and boot normally. Is there a way of
accessing the file system using the memory stick which I originally
used when installing the OS? By the way, during all of the above, I
was never able to access the system using ssh - I guess it fails
before enabling the network. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Warren Nagourney