[ydl-gen] Direct Rendering support for PS3

Reese, Shawn S. Shawn.Reese at gd-ais.com
Wed Nov 28 15:11:52 MST 2007

Hi,
Will YellowDog support direct rendering for the PS3?  I'm trying to find
a display platform that will run OpenGL, that's PowerPC based, and runs
linux.  I was thinking the PS3 with YellowDog would be that platform,
but direct rendering is not supported.

Any ideas if this will be supported in the future, or any ideas on
servers to use?  We were using a PowerMac G5, but with Apple going the
way of non-PowerPC chips, we lost that option.  IBM doesn't seem to make
any servers that have good video support, except really expensive stuff
running AIX.

Thanks for the help!