[ydl-gen] Yellowdog 5.0.2 Install Issues

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Tue Oct 2 11:12:48 MDT 2007

Hi Rob:

I know what a lampshade is, but I've never heard the phrase applied
to any Mac.
However if your Mac fits any of the descriptions on this page:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/hardware/breakdown/
index.php?hw_cat_id=5

There may be an issue if your hard drive is smaller than 10GB.

On Oct 2, 2007, at 11:58 AM, Rob Hines Jr. wrote:

> I just installed Yellowdog on a lampshade iMac, and it all went very
> smoothly, no errors of any kind, but when I try and do the first
> boot, it
> comes back with an error about not being able to find
> libdevmapper.so.1.0.2, and it stops the boot, wanting me to fix the
> system
> so it can mount the partitions.
>
> Anyone have any ideas why it's doing this?
>
> --
> Rob

Validius est naturae testimonium quam doctrinae argumentum.
Translation: The testimony of nature is of greater weight than the
arguments of learning.  -- published by John Hazelrigg, Astrologer.

Alternative translation: Nature's validity is testimony superior to
arguments of doctrine or scholarship.