[ydl-gen] package repository?

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu at realss.com
Sun Oct 7 04:22:28 MDT 2007

Dear all

Last time I tried 5.0.2 on my iBook which cannot install (kernel crash).
However I understand well that not all notebook can be tested thanks to
natural complicity of this task, and I wait for the next release (should
be a different kernel) to try it again. I am not in hurry at all, so
when a new release is announced (even not in this year) I'll try it.

But I am actually a demanding user that uses several dozen of Linux
tools, and I think I can only be satisfied with a rich package
repository. I know Ubuntu package repository is big enough for me in 98%
cases, OpenSuSE official repository plus packman satisfy me 75%. Gentoo
package repository 100%. I am not sure how YDL manage their repository?
I think probably without an army of package maintainer, it would have a
narrower package repository?

Or does YDL share package repository with another big vendor?

Best regards

--
Real Softservice

Huateng Tower, Unit 1788