[ydl-gen] ps3 install issue

smlacc1 leador smlacc1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 22:01:28 MDT 2007

I downloaded ydl 5.0.2, and am trying to install it on a US 60gb ps3, with
latest firmware.

I previously had ubuntu ps3 on there, but I want to try out ydl.

When I boot into otheros, i get to kboot.  I hit enter, and it starts
booting.  I get the "choose language" menu etc.  I click ok on english,
choose "us", and then it asks me for the location of the installation
media.  If I choose cdrom, it tells me that there isnt a ydl cd in the
drive.  If I choose hard disk, it just gives me the ps3da1 partition I set
up for ubuntu as an option.

I used 2 different version of ydl, yellowdog-5.0.2-20070627 and
yellowdog-5.0.2-20070711, and i have tried a variety of dvd and cdrom
combinations, and they all fail.  I know the optical drive is fine, cos it
installs ubuntu without issues.  Plus it boots into the installer in ydl,
but then goes no further.

Any ideas?