[ydl-gen] ps3 install issue

smlacc1 leador smlacc1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 07:04:56 MDT 2007

AN update - I borrowed a USB external hard disk, and put the .iso on there.
I booted up with the DVD, and when it got to the "source selection" part, i
choose hard disk.  At this point, I saw /dev/ps3da1, /dev/sdb1 and /dev/sdb2

ps3da1 is the old ubuntu installation.  /dev/sdb1 and sdb2 are the 2
partitions on the external usb disk.  So I point to /dev/sdb2 (where I put
the .iso), and now the second stage boots up. Great.

Next problem - I dont see /dev/ps3da in the list of hard disks to install to
- I only see the external usb hard disk (/dev/sdb).

grrr. So I STILL cant install yellowdog.  AND the installer seems to be
running at 480p.  So it's really hard to make out what's going on.....

So far yellowdog has been an exercise in pure frustration.  Am I the only
one having these issues on the installer?