[ydl-gen] Using bcm43xx-fwcutter-006 and a error message - correction

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Mon Oct 22 03:21:06 MDT 2007

Hi Quentin!

Here's the correction:
Journaling is not standard on OS X and had nothing to do with the
issue of why the mount command could not "see" the drive when invoked
normally.

The mount command, for technical reasons, needs to be specifically
told (by using the flags -thfsplus) to "see" an OS X HD using
hfsplus.  After invoking the flag as I described previously not only
could mount see it but I could also manipulate the files on the OS X
partitioned HD such that I could either create/destroy any file
residing there from within YDL 5.

Good Luck...

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 18:46:01 -0600
"Quentin Schindele" <veloquin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using a G4 1.2 with a
>
> 0001:10:12.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4306
> 802.11b/g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 03)
> According to lspci.  I have followed all the steps in the how to,
> however when I get to the step
> that actually tries to extract the information from the airport
> driver file on the mac mounted drive
> all I get is a error stating " Cannot open input file "
> I have checked the string I am inputting, and all of the variables to
> make them exactly such as was shown
> in the howto and still recieve the error message.  Even trying to
> change permission, and or copy the file to another
> location off the mount.  However I still recieve the message.  I was
> wondering if any one had any ideas on how I could
> successfully extract the information?

========
  "If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often
think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of
music. ... I get most joy in life out of music."

"What Life Means to Einstein: An Interview by George Sylvester
Viereck," for the October 26, 1929 issue of The Saturday Evening Post.