[ydl-gen] Coding for PS3?

Bill Mueller bmueller at terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Oct 24 09:04:18 MDT 2007

This is 100% my opinion, but there are two schools of thought
on this: Theoretical and Practical.

Theoretical is reading books, taking classes, step by step
learning to gain a total knowledge of a subject before creating
something.

Practical is just doing it.  Since you don't know where to start,
find something similar to what you want to do and check out the
source code. That will give you the language you need to learn.
Find a tutorial on the web for it, then try modifying an existing
program to do what you want it to do.  Eventually it will either work,
or you'll get stuck.  By then you'll have the skills to make your
own (hopefully).

Practical fit my experience best.  But my code isn't the cleanest.

For specifically Cell coding, I'd look into the SDK IBM kicks out.
It is written in C or C++.

-Bill