[ydl-gen] YDL 5 installation on Xserve

Atro Tossavainen atossava+ydl at cc.helsinki.fi
Mon Sep 10 00:07:34 MDT 2007

Aaron,

> I have been asked to join this thread as one of the few members of the
> TSS staff that regularly work with Xserves. I have gotten a G5 Xserve to
> successfully install configuring software RAID via the GUI interface in
> the installer for /, /boot, and swap the Apple bootstrap partitions
> cannot be raided.  Is this a G5 or G4 Xserve you are working with and
> are you using a text installer or a GUI installer?

It's a G4 Xserve.  I've tried both text and GUI, with identical
results.  I don't mind using either, and I don't mind wiping the
disks completely clean and starting all over again yet once more.

> Installing to a external device is not supported in YDL 5.0.x to the
> best of my knowledge, so this option is also out in general but I would
> be more then willing continuing to figure out why software RAID
> configured in the installer is not working for you.

Let me know.

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,