[ydl-gen] B&W and drive not recognised!

Dene Stringfellow support at ridgedale.co.uk
Tue Sep 25 11:29:09 MDT 2007

Derick,

Thanks for your reply - apologies for the delay in responding - other
work has had to take priority!

Firstly, regarding the Expansys SCSI adapter when I try booting from the
YDL install CD/DVD the SCSI card is recognised (apparently) but the
drives on the end are not. I've got a feeling this might be to do with
the firmware on the adapter, but can't be certain. Everything I've tried
so far hasn't worked.

If I remember correctly I think one of my customers has an equivalent
setup for one of their servers. I might be able to take the server down
for a short time out of hours and switch the adapter to see if my
adapter will work in their server.
If I do that, do you know if there is likely to be any problems - like
being left with a server that I won't be able to resurrect?!

In essence what I want to setup is a fileserver and as there is no basic
server install supplied under YDL5.x I thought it would be simpler and
quicker to set it up under YDL4.1. That is the reason for my choice of
YDL version - to try and get the server up and running as quickly as
possible, even though I'm not getting very far at the minute!

Thanks again in advance.

Dene