[ydl-gen] How to have YDL and Leopard coexist

Kai Staats kstaats at terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 1 09:50:20 MDT 2008

Sterling,

> I run both Leopard and YDL 6 on a Powermac ... each is on its own disk.
> How do people keep the MacOSX system from complaining about the YDL
> disks and asking the 'reformat, eject, ignore' message every reboot?

This may be as simple as the order in which you have built your partitions.
OSX is trying to mount the Linux boot (where the bootloader is stored)
partition, correct? If the boot partition lies above the OSX partition, then
it should not see it.

Reformat your drive so that the partitions are as follows:

	a - boot partition
	b - swap
	c - /root, /home, etc.
	d - osx

It is possible the YDL installer will swap the bottom 2 around, but as long as
the boot partition is above the OSX partition. This should help (I hope :)

kai