[ydl-gen] Built an rpm of gnu M4 1.4.11. not for certain how to test/install it.

Ron Rogers Jr. CronoCloud at mchsi.com
Tue Jul 1 15:38:47 MDT 2008

I was going to update gnupg from 1.4.5 to 1.4.9 the usual way
with a source install, when I thought that maybe I could help
the community by doing an rpm of it.  So I found a src rpm and
tried to build it but it needed gettext-devel (which is in our
repos) and autoconf 2.60+.  got me an autoconf src rpm and tried
building that but it needed a newer M4 so I grabbed that.

That built, but I'm not for certain how to properly install or
test it.  I can always do an rpm -ivh --force of course, but
that isn't the proper way, I think. I tried yum localupdate
m4foo, but it refuses to install stating conflicts with the
installed M4. I'm probably missing something simple.  I'm just
used to installing everything from source and not using packages.

Ron Rogers Jr.