[ydl-gen] Update on PowerStation shipments: 2008 07/14

Kai Staats kstaats at terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jul 14 11:01:33 MDT 2008

Dear Power enthusiasts,

As you may have noticed, the ship date of the YDL PowerStation moved from the
end of June to mid-July. This was a one time slip in the schedule and there
will be no further delays.

At Terra Soft, we strive to ship product on time. However, a quality product
always takes precedence over schedule and as of the end of June, the
PowerStation did not satisfy our quality standard.

After extended effort, the video performance remained sub-standard. While
there was nothing wrong with the XGI graphics card itself, the resources
required to enable reasonable X11 performance were not justified.

We are pleased to incorporate instead an ATI X1650 Pro. The ATI card not only
brings more features and better performance but also maintains an active open
source community that continues to improve graphics support for newer
ATI-based video.

We will ship the first round of units this week at the same listed price of
$1895. To place your order, please visit:
http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/store/

Sincerely,
Owen Stampflee
Director of Engineering