[ydl-gen] Cant seem to do it.

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Fri Jul 11 14:49:42 MDT 2008

Derick Centeno wrote:
> Dear Carlos:
>
> The facts are that Terra Soft Solutions (TSS), which produces Yellow Dog
> Linux, designed it to work only on PowerPC family processors which
> currently include the Cell.  The Cell processor is available on the PS3
> (8 cores) and the YDL PowerStation (4 cores); both these modern
> computers will run YDL.

I thought the PowerStation had a pair of 970MPs? It has a cell in there to?

Speaking of the PowerStation, I stumbled across a site called power.org.
On it one can find a pdf titled "Power.org Reference Design Schematic
for Power Architecture 970MP Server"
(PPC970MP_Ref_Schematics_Legal_021407_final.pdf). This have any relation
to the PowerStation?

I think the 970FX has 2 stage frequency scaling (nominal / 2 and / 4).
If the 970MP also has this, does the PowerStation support voltage
scaling for the lower frequencies? (I could have sworn I read that the
power consumption for a processor has a voltage squared term in it?)

kevin