[ydl-gen] Questions on ydl-6.0 with ps3

John Frankish frankish at dubai.oilfield.slb.com
Sun Jul 20 22:21:47 MDT 2008

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about ydl-6.0 on a ps3:

1. I'm using a screen resolution of 720p with a dell monitor and
dvi/hdmi adapter which I understand to be 1280x720 - this being the
case, is there a reason xorg.conf is using 1100something x
600something (I'm not in front of the ps3 at the moment)?

2. I have a firefly music server set up on a mss+ external hd - using
ydl-6.0 and rhythmbox on the ps3, I can see the music on the firefly
server, but when I try to play any of the music (mp3 files), I get
the error message "unknown error, cannot play music". Does anybody
have any ideas on how to fix this?

BTW, the installation from dvd went flawlessly, ydl managed to
connect to my network printer all on its own, the only thing I had to
fix manually was the wireless network (wep) connection. I'm used to
damnsmalllinux and lfs/blfs on old hardware, so I was a little
surprised at the lack of speed with ydl on the ps3 though...

Regards
John