[ydl-gen] Alternative Window Managers

John Frankish frankish at dubai.oilfield.slb.com
Sun Jul 27 22:08:05 MDT 2008

At 04:52 28-07-08, you wrote:
>On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 08:35:23 +0400
>John Frankish <frankish at dubai.oilfield.slb.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > ~/.xinitrc
> > exec /usr/bin/jwm &
> >

>Just tested it out to confirm
>
>use this in your .xinitrc:
>
>exec /usr/local/bin/jwm
>
>It will start right up.  This below is not needed:

No, jwm does not start with the above in .xinitrc - the usual E17
window manager starts except with an error about nautilus

> > ~/.xserverrc
> > exec /usr/bin/X -nolisten tcp
> >

> > Also, how do you exit the window manager to a console (not
> > <ctrl - alt - f1> as this leaves X running)?
> >

>jwm has an exit command in it's jwm menu.

Sure - I was speaking about E17, there does not seem to be a way to
exit the window manager - you can shutdown, reboot, logout, but I
have not found a way to exit to a prompt...