[ydl-gen] How to have YDL and Leopard coexist

NeoAmsterdam YellowDog at NeoAmsterdam.net
Thu Jun 12 07:52:48 MDT 2008

I had this problem with Mac OS 9, OS X.3.9, and a mis-partitioned YDL
slice.  Run ``sudo pdisk`` in a Terminal and have it list (``L``) all
the partitions.  If your YDL partition's type is listed as
``Apple_UFS``, ``Apple_HFS``, or ``Apple_HFSX``, OS [9|X] will try to
mount it automagically at startup.

The "correct" type is ``Apple_UNIX_SVR2``. Note that changing
partition types after data has been written to the partition *may*
involve data destruction.

HTH