[ydl-gen] How to have YDL and Leopard coexist

NeoAmsterdam YellowDog at NeoAmsterdam.net
Thu Jun 12 20:17:03 MDT 2008

The flag you're referring to was under OS 9 with Drive Setup and
assumes that the CPU will boot into Classic.

(As a side note, later versions of Drive Setup also had options for
HFS+A/UX, HFS+MkLinux, HFS+UFS, and HFS+ProDOS partition schemes...
lotsa fun)
______    ______
\_(_)_\  /_(_)_/

On 2008/Jun/12, at 21:59, Bill Fink wrote:

> Hi Sterling,
>
> I believe you should be able to use Disk Utility under MacOS X to
> remove the flag on the partition so it's not automatically mounted
> at boot time (at least ISTR doing that at some time in the past).
>
> 						-Hope this helps
>
> 						-Bill
>

> On Thu, 12 Jun 2008, Sterling Garwood wrote:
>
>> I'll give it a shot ... I do know that the current suseLinux
>> correctly
>> creates the Apple_UNIX_SVR2 format partitions (but it has a lot of
>> other problems...:-)
>>
>> On Jun 12, 2008, at 9:52 AM, NeoAmsterdam wrote:
>>
>>> I had this problem with Mac OS 9, OS X.3.9, and a mis-partitioned
>>> YDL
>>> slice.  Run ``sudo pdisk`` in a Terminal and have it list (``L``)