[ydl-gen] How to have YDL and Leopard coexist

furio ercolessi furio at spin.it
Sat Jun 14 08:29:34 MDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 01:38:29PM -0400, NeoAmsterdam wrote:

> If I had to guess, I'd suggest that Leopard now expects all
> Apple_UNIX_SVR2 partitions to be UFS formatted and to have ``bzb
> flags`` set (OS X pdisk; YDL doesn't set any ``bzb``s AFAICT).  So
> when Leopard discovers that the partition is unintelligible (since
> there's inexcusably *still* no ext2/ext3 support), it throws up the
> ``Erase-Eject-Ignore`` dialog.

I do not think so.

I have YDL and Leopard on the same disk and I did not see this problem
ever.  I installed both of them from scratch on a new disk, starting
with Leopard (leaving an empty partition) and then proceeding with
Linux.  Done this on a PowerMac G5 and on a Powerbook G4.

Leopard does not seem to bother with the Apple_UNIX_SVR2 partitions
at all.

furio