[ydl-gen] YDL 6.0 libcairo

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Tue Jun 24 15:10:13 MDT 2008

Derick Centeno wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 14:00:24 -0700
> Kevin Diggs <kevdig at hypersurf.com <mailto:kevdig at hypersurf.com>> wrote:
>
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  >       I was messing around trying to get the kernel gconfig thing to
>  > display on an x86 (i.e. little endian server). It took me longer than
> I care
>  > to admit to figure out why my fix was not ... compilin' right.
>  >
>  >       Anyone know why libcairo seems to compile debug? I tried doing a:
>  >
>  > rpmbuild -bc SPECS/cairo.spec...
>  >

> With respect to the work you've already done it's a shame you didn't notice
> that the latest stable release is 1.2.4-4 which is available here:
>
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/libc/libcairo.html
>
> Perhaps it's me, but you are trying to fix a package running or designed to
> run on an x86 Linux box, yes?  So how is anything within the
> PowerPC/Cell family
> pertinent?

Dude,

	Give me credit for having a few adjacent neurons still firing. When I
try to run the kernel config thing on my G5 running YDL 6 and display
(as in X window system network display) on a laptop of the x86 variety
it will crash with the original libcairo. So this is a YDL powerpc
issue. The fix I posted uses the ppc byte reverse instruction and is
smaller AND faster (well ... assuming it works. I didn't test it that
thouroughly! And since this is a powerpc issue I didn't test the x86
parts at all!! Don't even know if they'll compile!!!).

	Question still remains: is the libcairo shipped with YDL 6 compiled
debug (-g)? If so, why?

kevin